Saturday, April 17, 2010

Annabelle


My sweet daughter is finally here!
I'm a mom!
I'm thrilled!
My Annabelle is already 5 weeks old, and boy has it been an amazing 5 weeks!
Her birth was beautiful and gentle, just as I have known I wanted my children's births to be since I first began reading Montessori's work and things have been at least as beautiful ever since. What a gift a new life is!

I daydream about when she becomes mobile and we can start implementing more and more Montessori into our home. Oh, I do love this stage, though, and am in no real hurry : ) Her room is just about all ready for when the time comes (she's in our bed now)

I have baskets all ready to transform into 'treasure baskets' for when she is ready to explore and am eager to share those with you. If any of you have made them, what have you put inside? Hopefully, now that I'm home, my creative juices will be flowing and I'll be posting much more frequently : )

11 comments:

Annicles said...

Congratulations. Annabelle is beautiful. I love her clear, direct gaze. I always think that newborns look so wise. They lose that when they get a little older! Enjoy your precious time with your baby and get lots of rest!!!

Lindart said...

Congratulations! I love her room! So peaceful. I know you will be a fantastic mom!

Miri said...

Congratulations! Enjoy every single moment with her, and you are right - don't be in a hurry. Life flows by so fast anyway...
There is still plenty time before you introduce the "treasure basket" to your daughter. I'd say there is no need in preparing things in ahead for it. When the time is right, just look around and observe which object in your surroundings might be of any interest to your daughter - everything counts: key holder, spoon, ring, acorn, stone, wool, ribbon, leaf, shell, cookie form etc. Still, the most important thing in my eyes is to explore your daughter to the nature whenever you have a chance. You introduce the "treasure basket" when you child can sit, and what can be a better "treasure basket" than the nature itself...?

鄭凱仲念阿彌陀佛往生西方極樂世界 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
melissa said...

So true -- nature is definitely the best teacher! Thanks for the reminder :)

Leptir (Nataša) said...

Congrats Melissa! Your baby girl is beautiful :-)

jo said...

Congratulations and her room is beautiful, I will be linking
http://themontessorigoldmine.blogspot.com/

Evenspor said...

My baby's favorite thing from his basket is a toothbrush.

Mozi Esme said...

Congrats! She's beautiful - and the room is beautiful!

Jennifer Howard said...

Congratulations!!! I am so very happy for you and her. She is one lucky little lady. In loving PEACE,
Jennifer

Anna Patricia said...

Congratulations! Wow, I love her bed, a true Montessori baby!